Haven’t you always dreamed of clear and radiant skin? We all have at some point! Yes, it looks good, but it is also a sign of good health.
Unfortunately, our skin suffers due to our hectic lifestyles. Eating out often and not exercising can lead to dull skin over time. These habits can often lead to hormonal changes in our body, which can lead to excessive hair growth on our body.
If you are tired of going for wax or using a razor, laser hair removal treatment may be the best choice for you. However, most people avoid going there because of the price of laser hair removal. We’re here to tell you why it’s worth it!
In this article, we’ll talk about how laser hair removal works and everything you need to know before embarking on the treatment, including the after-effects.
What is a laser hair removal treatment?
Laser hair removal treatment is a process where laser light targets the melanin in your skin and weakens the hair follicles. The laser beam targets the hair in a fraction of a second and the procedure does not affect any surrounding skin.
During the treatment, the pigment in your hair attracts the laser. It has been observed that dark hair and light complexion absorb the laser more effectively. However, people with other skin color undertones can be treated with a specific type of laser accordingly. For those with light hair, laser hair removal may not be the most ideal for you, as the laser does not focus enough on non-pigmented hair.
Here are some precautions you will be asked to take before a laser hair removal session:
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun a few days before the session. Indeed, laser hair removal is not effective on tanned skin.
- Avoid using hot wax or a razor.
What does a laser hair removal session look like?
Here is a list of steps that are followed during the laser hair removal procedure-
- A professional will cut the hair in the targeted area.
- They will apply a numbing cream to your skin. It will be kept for 20 to 30 minutes. This is done so that you will not feel any pain during the treatment. It is particularly applied to sensitive areas such as the bikini line and the armpits.
- You will be asked to wear an eye protection mask. This is done to ensure that your eyes are not damaged by the laser light.
- The professional will target a pulse of laser light at the treatment area.
- After that, the professional will perform a skin test to check for any reaction on your skin.
What happens after a laser hair removal session?
Here is what you can expect after laser hair removal treatment-
- You will see a 10-25% hair reduction after the first session. You will see a reduction in hair on the targeted area of your skin.
- After a few weeks, for example, say 5-8 weeks, you will see growth in the hair follicles. This happens because the laser only impacts the hair follicle.
- In most cases, people experience complete hair reduction after 6-10 sessions.
- Once you’ve experienced full hair reduction, you’ll only need an annual touch-up.
Skinnsi offers a wide range of safe and painless laser hair removal services. The cost of laser the hair removal procedure is affordable. They offer two types of services: laser hair removal and dermafacial treatment.
They use the latest laser technology which does not heat your skin. Ensuring that skincare is accessible and affordable for all members of society, they also offer at-home laser hair removal treatment.
After going through this detailed guide, we hope you agree that laser hair removal treatment is beneficial in the long run and the cost of hair removal treatment is worth your money. You can check their website to know more about their treatment plans.